Saturday, December 11, 2010

NOEL

“I am new.” I said to the angel standing by a gate covered in radiant pearls.
“I know,” said the angel.
He didn’t look like an angel. I just knew. We stood together on a street of transparent gold. Light emanated around and through everything. Buildings, streets, and flowers were awash in fresh color. Suddenly I knew things I’d never known before, old thoughts were fading.
“Happy Noel,” he said.
I looked at him puzzled.
“Is it Christmas?” I asked.
“Yes, for you it is,” he said. “Noel means birth and you have entered the next phase of eternal life. In a word, you’ve crossed the Jordan.”
“Alleluia,” I breathed almost to myself.
“Exactly,” said my new friend.
“So what do I do now?” I asked. He grinned.
“Fulfill the purpose for which you have been created,” he said. “All of your life has been a pursuit of this moment.” He waved me in as we walked through the gate.
My focus centered on his words as they washed over me. In the former world, I had believed lies so the truth was often blocked. Here it was amazingly clear. I felt a sense of awe that tingled throughout my whole body.
We walked toward the throne room and he took my hand. I felt the warmth of his friendship. I sensed his motive was to extend unconditional love. The same love he had known since the beginning of time. In this place, it was easy to receive it.
I circled around, aware of a refreshing fragrance. Jesus stood before me and embraced me with a love that fulfilled all of my heart’s desires.
“Come,” He said, “enter into the joy of the Lord.” The three of us entered together.
The room was full of hues that in the old world would be hard to describe. Colors so vivid they moved with the beautiful sounds that surrounded all who stood in awe of Him who sat on the throne. I wondered in awe remembering the times when my faith was so small. How could I have been so disbelieving?
Pictures of His life and my life flashed across a wall that wasn’t a wall. Somehow it did not take away from the focus of the One who presided over the center. He was mesmerizing and the pictures complimented the worship that unfolded before me.
“The First Noel,” said Jesus, “was when I chose to identify Myself with you. This Noel is your entering into Me.”
Jesus laughed, one that sparkled with new life. My new friend joined in and soon I was laughing too.
The pictures of His life and mine tied together in a musical symphony. So many things that had never made sense were perfectly clear. I had no questions, no doubts. I was at rest and at perfect peace.
I was home. NOEL.

No comments: